B&T @ Seven Hills
The Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies & Toddlers (SAT B&T) has the competence and knowledge to teach water familiarisation and basic swimming and water safety to Caregivers and their dependent learners from ages 6 months to 4 years.
This course delivers the skills, knowledge and assessment to gain the competencies required to deliver GST free, water-related personal safety and survival lessons as determined by the federal government.
All enrolled Swim Australia course students are covered by SCTI Insurance for the duration of their course and will receive complimentary ASCTA Graduate Membership and complimentary $0 Excess Teacher Insurance upon being accredited*
Units of Competency
This course covers the following units within the Certificate III of Aquatics and Recreation:
- SISCAQU011 Promote the development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment
After completion of all online Units of Competency, you will be provided with a Theory Acknowledgement. You will then be welcome to attend the Practical Induction workshop of your course which focuses on transitioning you from theory to hands-on practical.
Once the Practical Induction is complete you will be required to undertake On the Job training under the supervision and direction of a Lead Teacher of your sourcing. As your confidence and ability grow you will progressively become more involved in the lesson delivery and a Competency Assessment will then determine that you are at the required standard to work independently.
Students have up to 12 months to complete this course but maybe accredited sooner should they have completed and submitted all course requirements.
- Online Theory component – approx. 30 hrs
- Face to Face Practical workshop – 6 hrs
- On the job training – approx. 20 to 30 hrs
- Competency Assessment – 1.5 hrs
- Introduction to the Program
- The Aquatic Industry
- Child Development
- Early Childhood Education
- A Positive Environment for Teaching Babies and Toddlers
- Aquatic Skill Development
- Program Planning and Delivery
- Transitioning to the Preschool Program
- Environmental Effects and Considerations
- Completion of:
- Online Theory Modules
- Practical Workshop Induction
- On the Job Training
- Competency Assessment
- Accumulative Training Record
- Accredited and Valid CPR qualification (HLTAID001, 002, 003, 004, 007, 009, 011, 012)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Completion of the Safe Sport Framework
You may enroll in a Swim Australia™ Teacher course at 15 years of age but are not eligible to receive the accreditation until you are 16 years of age.